Recent Technology Scanning Hits
- PC era ending, tablets and smartphones on the rise.
- Franks Blog Timeline
- Reverse Combustion: Can CO2 Be Turned Back into Fuel? [Video]: Scientific American
- Fuel Cell Power - GOVERNMENT ACTION TO BUILD A LOW CARBON ENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects | Reuters
- Spirituality & Belief | Second Life
- 5 Ways to Well-being (imagined in an iPhone app) - juzmcmuz.com
- A Promotional Video from our new LA Node
- As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather - NASA Science
- Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation - Telegraph
3D virtual worlds
[Ed Note: The future in this case is right around the corner with Gartner predicting that 80% of the active internet will have migrated to 3D virtual worlds by 2011, less that a year and a half from now]
Web 1.0 was Information - Web 2.0 is Interaction - Web 3.0 will be Immersion in the 3D Internet
These gadgets and machines will make total immersion in the rapidly growing 3D Internet Cyberspace possible - the Matrix is coming closer!
MyVu’s Video Cyberdisplay goggles.
Edd Hifeng barely merits a second glance in Second Life. A steel-gray robot with lanky limbs and linebacker shoulders, he looks like a typical avatar in the popular virtual world.
But Edd is different.
The Second Life virtual computer world, in which users can create characters representing themselves, has had a dramatic shift.
Originally most of its players came from the U.S, but today 75 percent of users are international.
In a recent interview, Philip Rosedale, the CEO of Linden Lab, which operates Second Life, said his company was thriving, with other companies such as Fortune 500 and IBM setting up to be users of the site.