Recent Technology Scanning Hits
- PC era ending, tablets and smartphones on the rise.
- Franks Blog Timeline
- Reverse Combustion: Can CO2 Be Turned Back into Fuel? [Video]: Scientific American
- Fuel Cell Power - GOVERNMENT ACTION TO BUILD A LOW CARBON ENERGY INFRASTRUCTURE
- U.S. Nuclear Weapons Have Been Compromised by Unidentified Aerial Objects | Reuters
- Spirituality & Belief | Second Life
- 5 Ways to Well-being (imagined in an iPhone app) - juzmcmuz.com
- A Promotional Video from our new LA Node
- As the Sun Awakens, NASA Keeps a Wary Eye on Space Weather - NASA Science
- Nasa warns solar flares from 'huge space storm' will cause devastation - Telegraph
June 4, 2010: Earth and space are about to come into contact in a way that's new to human history. To make preparations, authorities in Washington DC are holding a meeting: The Space Weather Enterprise Forum at the National Press Club on June 8th.
Richard Fisher, head of NASA's Heliophysics Division, explains what it's all about:
National power grids could overheat and air travel severely disrupted while electronic items, navigation devices and major satellites could stop working after the Sun reaches its maximum power in a few years.
Senior space agency scientists believe the Earth will be hit with unprecedented levels of magnetic energy from solar flares after the Sun wakes “from a deep slumber” sometime around 2013, The Daily Telegraph can disclose.